It's brew day again! I was getting low on my Plague of Kali Rya IPA, so I decided to brew a new batch. My ESB is still sitting in primary fermenter, doing its diacetyl rest, but I have 2 more carboys, so I can do some batches in parallel.
Plague of Kali is a complicated brew, with 3 different kinds of malted barley, malted rye, and 4 different kinds of hops, introduced to the brew at 4 separate stages (3 boil and then dry-hopped).
Also, rye is a bit messy of an ingredient, making the equipment a bit more sticky than usual. Lots of cleanup with this brew, for sure.
I use an app called BeerSmith to keep me organized, which has a timer for the mash and boil. Super handy. Here you can see the timer running, and the flame-out hops waiting to be dumped into the wort:
Other than smacking the yeast at 9:30am, I started brewing just before noon, and finished cleaning everything up at around 5:00pm. About an hour of that was cleaning. Long brewing day, but hopefully it will be worth it!
#PlagueOfKali #IPA #BrewDay